The VAUSA Fallen Heroes Scholarship Fund is established in remembrance of U.S. uniformed services members of Vietnamese descent who have given the ultimate sacrifice in defense of Freedom and
Democracy for our great Nation. The Fund is intended to honor their service and selfless devotion to duty to preserve our way of life, liberty and our pursuit of happiness. The goal of this Fund is
to support the scholarship recipients financially in their successful college studies while they actively promote the recognition and acknowledgement of these Fallen Heroes within their
- Applicant must be enrolled full time or accepted into an accredited undergraduate college or university program.
- Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident.
- Applicant must be of Vietnamese-American.
- Applicant must have a grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicant must provide a copy of the latest SAT and/or ACT scores.
- Applicant must be actively involved in a community.
- Applicant must agree to have their name and photo published in the news media or website as a recipient of the VAUSA Fallen Heroes Scholarship.
- Previous VAUSA scholarship recipients are not eligible for subsequent years scholarship.
The following items must be submitted to VAUSA P.O. Box 2383 Springfield, VA 22152
COMPLETE PACKETS ARE TO BE POSTMARKED NO LATER THAN 01 June OF EACH YEAR. LATE APPLICATION WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Application form (download)
- Proof of citizenship.
- A copy of an acceptance from an accredited undergraduate college or university.
- An official college or high school transcript. (certified and signed)
- Personal biography statement and resume activities, awards and recognitions.
- Letters of recommendation. One (1) from community service organization and two (2) from academic teachers or professors. (must be original copy with signature)
- Essay #1: “What does it mean to be Vietnamese, your perspective as being an American in this country?”
- Essay #2: “Choose three VAUSA core values and provide specific examples how they apply to you as an individual and as a role model?”
- Corporal Binh N. Le’s scholarship. One (1) $10,000will be awarded to the applicant with the highest board score. The fund will be disbursed over 4 years of undergraduate studies at $2,500 per
year as long as he/she maintains a 3.0 GPA.
- Eleven (11) $2,000 scholarships will be awarded to the remaining qualified applicants.
- MAJOR Dieu Do Scholarship. One (1) $2,000 scholarship will be awarded to a VAUSA and Family of the Association (FOTA) Paid Member’s dependent.